Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23, 2011

I haven't written for a while. Time to catch up.

The world is getting really crazy. The entire middle east is in revolt. Dictators are dropping like flies, but it looks like Israel is soon going to be surrounded by Muslim countries under theocratic law. Meanwhile, the United States is in turmoil. States are trying to reduce their deficits and that means reducing the costs of unionized government workers. As could be expected, the unions are having a hissy fit. School teachers are acting like spoiled brats and Democrat legislators are running to other states to avoid voting on the bills. Thousands of protesters are jamming up state capitols. What will happen to our nation is anyone's guess.

My personal state of the body address would sound really bad as well. I seem to be getting weaker and weaker each day. My legs got tired today from just walking out to the car in the drive way and back. I still have that persistent cough which developed last fall. My heart is doing crazy stuff. . .irregular heart beat, pulse too rapid. Sometimes I feel like I am not getting enough air in my lungs. I have cut out caffeine from my diet . . . trying to get the stones to stop smoking but . . .

It looks like it will be a photo finish. Will social security die first or will I ? I heard on TV that at 60, I should feel like people used to feel at 40 years of age. Somehow I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment