Tuesday, July 14, 2015

We Lost a Daughter Today

Kirsten Johnson Burchett, Anita's oldest daughter, died today and we have no idea why. She was only 39 years old. Her husband found her in bed this morning and was unable to rouse her. He tried CPR, called an ambulance and she was taken to a hospital. That is all we know.

I am kind of shaken. This was all so unexpected. Jennifer called me and told me about it and I had to ask her to say it again because I thought I didn't hear her right. Then I thought it must be some kind of mistake (or a cruel joke). It didn't become real until Jeff called from South Carolina. It has only been a couple of hours since we were notified, and I am utterly confused. I don't know what to think, or what to do. All I know is that I couldn't have a daughter of my own, Anita provided me with two and now one of them is gone along with a bit of my heart.

Anita is taking it pretty hard. She tries not to show it...tries to look strong. But every once in a while she breaks down. I am worried about her health and whether she will be able to make it through this.

Kirsten's youngest daughter (Alexandria) just graduated from High School, so she got her children raised. Barely. They are all good girls, so she did a great job as a mother.

Rest in peace, Kirsten. We will miss you. I hope to see you when I get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment