Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2010

Today is my Sunday (even though it is actually Wednesday). The second day of my weekend. Jail schedules stink, but I do have time to write today.

The pain in my back is gone now. It only lasted for a couple of days. I think I am getting paranoid about my health . . .everything seems to be conspiring to kill me. It is that whole getting-old-and-close-to-death syndrome.

We did a communications paradigm shift today. We had three cell phones and the bill was eating us alive so we dropped two lines. Now I have a voice only cell line (no contract !) and an almost old fashioned house phone. If cable goes out, so does our phone but it is cheap.

All in all, the phone strategy will wind up saving us about a hundred bucks a month (I think). Yeah, I know it isn't much, but times are getting hard and we need every dime we can get our old, knotted hands on. : )

Did I mention that it is six days from "send the Democrats to the unemployment line" day? The Republicans have the lead in most races. The Dems are closing in by using personal attack ads--many of which are outrageous. But time is getting slim so maybe the Republicans can hold onto their lead.

It is amazing how the American people react to those attack ads. They know that the Dems cannot talk about the issues because they are on the wrong side in every one of them. The people know that the attack ads are sheer desperation on the part of the Dems and most voters say that they hate those ads. But they work just the same. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment